The Time My People Came To Visit



Springtime in Haiti means it is time for teams and visitors. This is a pattern that seems to repeat each year, and one that brings a lot of excitement, a little exhaustion, and many new friends.  This year, springtime was extra exciting for me because one of those teams that came to visit us was 4 of my closest friends, Tina, Josh, Alli, and Bri. These 4 truly show me what it means to love - as they surround me in it constantly through unconditional support. Having them here allowed me to take a step back from the daily rhythm of things, break out of my routine a bit, and show off the place that I love.



We had a busy week of playing at school, painting, exploring the salt mines, crafting at my friend Holly's orphanage, visiting with families here and sharing testimony, hiking mountains, worshipping together, sharing the daily chores of living in Haiti, and finally, relaxing on the beautiful Carribean beach.

Having my people here not only gave me a week of comfort and refreshment - and a chance to show off my Creole skills - but it was an invaluable gift to me that some of my closest friends can better understand and imagine the life I lead here. So grateful for their willingness to come and share life with us here!








Popular Posts